Ok so I bought a bicycle (yess, peddle power) almost a month ago and have been using it for pretty much all my transportation. First, laugh all you want but I havn't bought gas, paid insurance, or paid a car payment in almost a month. The thing I have yet to understand is every single time I ride I get the strangest reactions from people. Everything from smiling, to waving frantically out the window, to screaming and giving me the finger and honking, to laughing and pointing. Has no one seen anyone riding a bike before? You'd think I was in a horse and buggy in full amish garb or something! Anywho that's all for today... oiy.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Have people never seen a bicycle before???
Ok so I bought a bicycle (yess, peddle power) almost a month ago and have been using it for pretty much all my transportation. First, laugh all you want but I havn't bought gas, paid insurance, or paid a car payment in almost a month. The thing I have yet to understand is every single time I ride I get the strangest reactions from people. Everything from smiling, to waving frantically out the window, to screaming and giving me the finger and honking, to laughing and pointing. Has no one seen anyone riding a bike before? You'd think I was in a horse and buggy in full amish garb or something! Anywho that's all for today... oiy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My dad lives in Canton, GA and he bike commutes to work every day. Needless to say, he gets the same thing, plus has to worry about getting blown off the road by thoughtless semis. Oy, indeed.
ReplyDeleteYeah getting blown off the road by semis does add a bit of stress. I think people intentionally see how close they can get to you.
ReplyDelete