Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Don't Be Chicken...


One thing I know, is that I will never be satisfied until I reach a level of success that I am happy with, and probably not then either. I've learned a lot over the past year... One is that the regular $1k a week paycheck from an employer is much harder to get on your own. With that said, I have enjoyed every minute of the past year, struggles and all. I have learned more than I ever could have at a corporate job. I have also realized that you can't become successful with just a good idea and a good amount of your time. I spend about 60 hours a week actually working on my magazine and freelance, and the rest of it thinking about it. I've also realized that any good idea is extremely fluid, and has to be constantly changed and improved if you want to make it profitable. I have also given up most things to become successful that a lot a people take for granted... A car, nights out at the bar, vacations, cable, the blackberry, shopping, etc. etc. etc., but it will all be worth it in the end, and it's what has to be done to make it. If it wasn't for all the unbelievably hard work and sacrifices that have to be made, day in and day out, year after year, then everyone would be successful. In conclusion, never get down hearted or depressed, at least not for an extended amount of time, about your situation. Keep working hard, trying hard, and enjoying what you've got, and look forward to another day with new possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment