Thursday, June 25, 2009

A poem I shall try... 2

"PEOPLE TODAY"
I've looked around the world today,
Watching many people from the young to the grey.

The things I've learned will prove priceless through life,
They'll help me be happy, avoid much pain & strife.

I've seen how people interact,
Trying to fit in, dropping old friends and putting on an act.

Trying to be someone else hoping others don't see,
The real person behind the mask they deny to be.

Selfishness is becoming the leader today,
Each one for his one, helping others has been pushed away.

People complain about every small thing they see,
I say just relax, enjoy life and let me be.

They're opinions they declare they want to be heard,
But for others they say they won't here a word.

It's for people like this I have lost all respect,
Because they're friends and family they've chosen to neglect.

I say these words not in anger nor spite,
I've given them much thought and feel they are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment